Jamaica Star, The (Kingston, Jamaica)
- NewsBank (11796)
- Teen shot after grabbing soldier's gun
A Corporate Area man who allegedly held on to the rifle of a soldier was shot in the hand and hip. The incident took place in Waterhouse, St Andrew, while the soldiers were on patrol in the area.
- WEIRD STUFF: Man says he is having sex with a painting
Man says he is having sex with a painting
- Fearful complainant wants case thrown out
Senior Parish Judge Lori-Anne Cole-Montaque on Tuesday denied a request by a complainant -- who is the victim of a $900,000 embezzlement scheme -- to discontinue the case against the man who wronged him.
- Mentally ill woman bursts cop's head
A female inspector of police reportedly had to seek medical attention last Friday after a woman, who is allegedly of unsound mind, hit her in the head with a stone.
- Perfume man Edwin Bruce helps people find their scent
The days Edwin Bruce spent in the May Pen Market with his siblings and his mother Henrietta Douglas unknowingly prepared him for his calling as a perfumer.
- Flirting with danger - Pedestrians refuse to use overhead bridge on Marcus Garvey Drive
Although conscious of its dangers, pedestrians are gambling with their lives by dashing across sections of Marcus Garvey Drive in Kingston instead of using an overhead bridge that was built for their safety.
- Police refute reports about alleged ATM vandal
Head of the Portland Police Division Superintendent Kenneth Chin yesterday refuted reports that investigators recorded statements from a man who is being held in connection with an explosion at a Scotiabank ATM in Port Antonio last Saturday.
- Major Ganja bust in Clarendon
Earlier today, officers from the Marine Police Division seized over 1000 pounds of Ganja during an operation along the Portland Bight coastal area in Clarendon yesterday.
- Prayers answered as med student pays first-year tuition
After two articles in THE STAR, in which she sought assistance to pay her first-year tuition, medical student at The University of the West Indies (UWI) Perisa Miller can rest easy knowing it has finally been paid in full.
- Judge lashes men for fishing without licences
Chief Parish Judge Chester Crooks slapped $10,000 fines on two men for illegally fishing in the Kingston Harbour in the Kingston and St Andrew Parish Court yesterday.
- MPs to distribute laptop vouchers
The Government is offering vouchers valued at $20,000 to parents for the purchase of tablets and laptops for their children....
- 53 new COVID cases, no new fatality
Jamaica on Wednesday recorded 53 additional COVID-19 cases, increasing the total to 9,634, of which 4,237 are active....
- Heading back where we belong! - Bernard wants H'View to consistently compete for titles again
Ludlow Bernard, the man who will lead Harbour View Football Club into the 2020-2021 Premier League season, said his aim is to make the club a force to be reckoned with again....
- Correctional officer stabbed by inmate at St Catherine Adult Correctional Centre
A correctional officer was reportedly stabbed by an inmate at the St Catherine Adult Correctional Centre this morning....
- 104 new cases, two more COVID deaths
Jamaica on Saturday recorded two COVID deaths, increasing the tally to 231....
- Time for Bailey to be the main man at Leverkusen – Hinds
National midfielder Leon Bailey is in the midst of his fourth full season with Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen and British journalist Rodney Hinds says that the time is now for him to be the driving force at the club to take his career forward....
- 30 new COVID cases, no new fatality
Jamaica on Monday recorded 30 additional cases of COVID-19, increasing the tally to 9,959....
- King hopes to emulate Sarwan
He has been one of the new hotshots in the West Indies set-up since his record-breaking performances in the Caribbean Premier League in 2019....
- Slept with my aunt's boyfriend
- East confidence boosted by match winner
Having scored his second goal for the Reggae Boyz, striker Javon East said he is determined to score more goals for the country....